Thread: Prospect Info: Mikael Granlund V
View Single Post
Old
02-17-2013, 11:11 PM
PhillyPhinn

vCash: 500
I'm not a Wild fan, just one of the hordes of finns who watch Wild games to see how Granlunds doing.... Even though I may be biased and not have the Wilds interest at heart, I can't understand what Yeo is doing with MG. He plays his best games of the season, and gets rewarded with 4th line duties with two stiffs and given what seemed like 8 minutes of ice time(haven't checked the exact TOI). He's had an assist in three consecutive games now, and if Yeo doesn't give him a more prominent role on Thurday, I'd rather see him sent down to Houston. Sure, Granlund didn't do much to earn tonights assist, but he did have two other passes that better linemates would have finished on with a better percentage, so I feel the stats have been reflective of his on-ice play. There is no way guys like Cullen or Brodziak should be getting a more prominent offensive role than MG.

Also, even though he has looked better at center recently, I'd still like to see him on the wing, because he is horrible at defending at this point of his career.