Old
02-18-2013, 12:08 AM
gooilgo
Fire MacLowe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Forever View Post
Free agents I want to target this offseason:

Horton - I think he's just what we need in the top 6. Although he has concussion problems, he's played in the playoffs quite a bit in his career and can add some veteran presence. I have a feeling he could be the odd man out in Boston. 3 years at 4.5 per.

Or

Ryane Clowe - similar to Horton, he would add size and depth and experience to the top 9. He's not as good as Horton, but he would make a good consolation prize. 3 years at 2.5 per.

And

Jaromir Jagr - some people tossed this idea around a few years ago, he has a great relationship with Hemsky and could slot in anywhere, help be power play and help the young guys. We need some good veterans and hes one of the best all time, he would be the perfect guy. 1 year at 3 mil.

And

Rod Scuderi - I know we need top pairing defenseman, but Scuderi is a massive upgrade over Whitney and Potter on the third pairing. Him, Smid and N Schultz would be a great group of shut down guys to play against others teams top lines. He's another veteran guy with playoff experience. He also adds D depth to the roster so that we don't need to rush Klefbom in. 2 years at 2.5 mil.
Horton and Clowe would both be a great fit on this team. I do think that Clowe would cost more than 2.5 million though.

I firmly believe that Mark Streit will be the defenseman we target if he makes it to free agency.

We will also be in the market for a backup goaltender.