Thread: Prospect Info: 2013 NHL Draft Thread
View Single Post
Old
02-18-2013, 12:29 AM
RDriesenUD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sager View Post
First of all Jacket fans, what the hell is Letestube doing on your first line?

Anyways, I like to do some thinking from time to time about GM moves I would do for other teams. Your team is obviously the hardest to contemplate, but I've been thinking about a possible scenario and am wondering what you think about it.

Saying you end up with MacKinnon in the draft, would you also consider acquiring MacKinnon's linemate Drouin by trading your other two 1st rounders + others in order to move up? Assuming that NYR and LA end up somewhere around 14-20, I don't think that it would be impossible to imagine such a trade, especially if Drouin's stock falls to around 4th-6th overall. You might have to add a little more to entice the other team, but I think that with perhaps some deadline moves you could have a few more trading pieces to work with. Such a move would definitely give you a top-six to contend with in a few years with something like:
Drouin-MacKinnnon-XXX
Anisimov-Brassard-Dubinsky

Of course you could also just pick Jones and make all of this irrelevant. No doubt though it seems that the future of your fanchise is riding on the success of these upcoming draft picks. I wish you the best of luck with em.
No, I wouldn't make that trade. I also wouldn't have Brassard and Dubinsky on the 2nd line.