Thread: Movies: Fast & Furious 6
View Single Post
Old
02-18-2013, 12:34 AM
Aerolanche

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shareefruck View Post
It's false and oversimplified because you're going "this is an entertaining, fun movie-- this guy dislikes it, therefore, he must expect it to be something besides an entertaining, fun movie." The fact is, your impression of it does not reflect everyone else's. People don't have fun with things and then turn their back on it and claim that they didn't enjoy it against their will (for some stupid reason like wanting it to be another type of movie). Therefore, the reference to the Bourne series is completely irrelevant and silly. You're just setting up strawman arguments and knocking them over to declare people's opinions invalid. It's reductive because you're treating people like simpletons who can't understand the obvious thing that the movie is trying to be, and writing off the reason for it as something that only a moron would be guilty of. Everyone gets what the series is all about, nobody expects it to be something else-- but not everyone is going to react positively to what that is.

I usually go into a thread because I have an opinion or impression of something and feel like sharing it-- I don't think something being positive is a better reason to do it, personally. Wanting to put something out there because you're annoyed by it is more or less the same emotion as wanting to put something out there because you're excited about it. When I have something negative to say, the intention is never to want to get a rise out of people or attack their preferences.

And to clarify, I don't have any issues with the Fast and the Furious series. I just dislike the mentality you and others have about stuff like this, and how quick you are to dismiss anyone who says something bad about it. Why does it always have to be *eyeroll* "Here comes a hater thinking something stupid for a stupid, moronic reason again" instead of just "Oh, this guy doesn't like the series"?

Reductive: Tending to present a subject or problem in a simplified form, esp. one viewed as crude.

I think I used the word just fine.
Really? Is it that important to you to attempt to prove your argument? Take a second and just think about what I actually said. It was only a few sentences. To recap, if you don't like the series, why bother wasting your time reading, much less replying to, a thread about it? Maybe these same responses are showing up in the Hansel and Gretel thread. I have no idea, because I have no interest in that movie and thus can't be bothered to look at it. Again, my question is, is it really worth the time of the person to click on something they have no interest in and compose something to take away from what everyone else is excited about? Why bother?

It was quite clear to me that you didn't say there was anything wrong with the series. To clarify, my original thread response had nothing to do with you. I'm not quite sure you understood my three sentences. You can read in between the lines and come up with whatever interpretation of my response you like. I understand you don't like the mentality that you mentioned. Not once did I imply that if you don't like the movies, then it's automatically because you're expecting it to be something it's not. Of course, sometimes this actually does apply. Sometimes, it doesn't. Who cares? Is it impossible to express two separate thoughts in the same paragraph?