View Single Post
Old
02-18-2013, 12:38 AM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

vCash: 500
Here is Dater's piece ripping the Avs. It is worth clicking the link and reading in full b/c he mentions more situations than the excerpts below:

Quote:
There is a lot more to this story, but until O’Reilly is traded, I’m kind of bound by an agreement not to report anything until then. Sorry. Really, I’m amazed this all happened. A 22-year-old heart-and-soul, two-way center, an absolute rink rat who loved Denver and loved the Avalanche wound up being the final unsigned big-name restricted free agent in the NHL. Really, it’s unbelievable.

There are so many questions left to be answered/resolved with this story. Not to get all negative – because I know how some get all sensitive to that – but it really must be asked: do the Avs have a major problem with the way they do business with their players now? Look at all the good players who – even after giving a lot to this team on and off the ice – things end really badly and they are either traded or released, often to disastrous results.

The larger point is: why do so many of these contract problems with good players always keep happening? Ian Laperriere was shocked at how he was treated by this team at the end. He got an insulting one-year offer, with a pay cut, to stay. He couldn’t even get his phone calls returned by the organization when he didn’t take the offer but wanted to keep negotiating. What kind of management is that? You can’t even return the call of a guy who poured out his heart and soul to this team and did countless acts of goodwill for the community? Disgraceful. I get mad just thinking about it.

Tomas Fleischmann – played great for the Avs after they TRADED to get him. They made another lowball, take-it-or leave it offer to keep him. He was shocked, because he liked it here too and wanted to stay and his teammates really liked him too. But he was just let go he’s put up about a point a game for the Panthers since and helped them to the playoffs last year. The Avs thought his health (pulmonary embolism) would prevent him from being a reliable player. He plays every night for Florida.