Thread: Recalled/Assigned: Bennett recalled again on 4/7
View Single Post
Old
02-18-2013, 01:01 AM
Malkinstheman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinest View Post
Well I was going to post this in the post-game but it was inexplicably closed before I could get to it.

Saw the first period and most of the third - I watched Bennett exclusively when he was on the ice. I don't know what to think about him because he seemed to be trying to play responsibly from blueline to blueline but at the same time he didn't seem to be all that quick in getting to the puck or to the spot where he needed to be. I guess tentativeness could be it but I'm not seeing explosiveness and that makes me wonder about what kind of player he's going to be.

I was happy to see that he apparently has no qualms about going into the corners or attacking the crease but again - when he arrives there doesn't seem to be performing his actions with a strong sense of purpose. I hope he's just adjusting and I hope he keeps working on his skating.
IMO we should give dangles a few games before making any observations on him. He does seem to get pushed around but you can just tell hes extremely nervous. During a shift with crosby you could tell he was trying to do to much. I think the best way thing to do is to have bylsma/shero talk him and try to relax him and tell him to just get used to the game rather than impress then send him down with all the confidence and kill it in the last 30ish games.

Malkinstheman is offline   Reply With Quote