View Single Post
02-18-2013, 03:27 AM
Honour Over Glory
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
As it's been said numerous times before the Wild would be looking at either Niskanen or one of Pittsburgh's d prospects like Maatta. Now I don't think the Wild would be willing to give up the required assets to get Niskanen and I don't see why Pittsburgh would move him either. Something around Bouchard + for one of Pittsburgh's many d prospects could probably be worked out though.
Flip it the other way, would you give up a d prospect for Bouchard? I wouldn't. At most, I would flip Kennedy + a mid pick for him.

He's played 97 games out of 246 possible games in the past 3yrs prior to this year. His numbers in those games aren't bad by any means, but he comes at a risk, a big risk. Pens are a team that had injury issues of their own, they aren't going to give up a solid defense prospect for a guy that has that kind of history with concussions and injuries.

Pens aren't going to dump Maatta, Pouliot, Harrington, Dumoulin, Samuelsson, or Morrow. They lost Strait and traded Lovejoy and Sneep. That's 3 guys that they lost. That freed up a bit of a logjam in WBS and on the D depth chart.

Honour Over Glory is offline   Reply With Quote