View Single Post
Old
02-18-2013, 04:45 AM
EuroFlair
Nash 40g in 2014-15

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by First Man In View Post
The guy has 2 91 point seasons. He was Over a PPG with Dallas as little as only 2 years ago. With the way the Rangers play, I have no idea how Gaborik got 86 points in 2009 with us. We play a grind it out style and try to bang in shots from the point that get deflected. If Tortorella opens up the offense a bit more ( Like tonight's PP) Richards will be back annually scoring 75+ points a year. As the PP goes, so does Richards. He's good for 20 goals and 40-50 assists per season.
Yes, thats a good point that we need to keep in mind, the way we're playing we'll not see a player way over PPG over a season nor do we really need one to be a successful team.

However Richards need to step up a bit from what he's shown so far this season, and I think he will as the season going on. For many athletes routines is very important for their game and as we all know, this season is just odd. Maybe it's just will take some time for him to find his top game.

Last year he was over 20 goals and 40 assist witch is more than fine for me especially as someone just pointed out many of those plays came in important situations, what he didn't was able to do was to run a deadly PP and that's something he, the rest of the team and the coaching staff needs to figure out, cuz now it's pretty pathetic.

And let's not forget that Brad seems to be a very good leader and mentor for all out young guys, something he never will credited for at any game sheet.