Thread: Prospect Info: Mikael Granlund V
View Single Post
02-18-2013, 05:22 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by danccchan View Post
I honestly believe I never said that.

If you want Granlund promoted, you'll have to break up those lines. I'm asking, which one do you want broken?

The 1st line with our three leading scorers?
The 2nd line that finally looks great with addition of Zucker; on the forecheck but also good offensively?
The 3rd line that features two of our best PKers + Larsson that was great along the boards?
If you read what he, and I wrote, you would have noticed that we suggested sending him down to Houston if he isn't warranting of an offensive role on the Wild. For both MG and the Wild, there is no point in having him centering a checking line that plays under 10 minutes/game, because a) MG is not getting to play his game, and b) the Wild suffers by having such a mediocre defender centering a checking line.

I'm still of the opinion that he should be moved to the wing, and stick with that plan for the whole year. Let him bulk up(take roids) in the offseason, and see what he can do at center next year. I'd say try Granlund at RW, and move Heatley to LW, and then you could roll:

If they insist keeping him at center:

Or are you really of the opinion that Johan Larsson played such a spectacular game that MG should play 4th line center with two stiffs because of that?

Again, I know I'm not a Wild fan, and I would probably be annoyed if there were some czech Flyers fans who flooded the board with instructions on how to utilize Voracek, so sorry about all of this.....