View Single Post
Old
02-18-2013, 08:37 AM
ScottFC

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Definitely...our Draft Picks are so important.
All of them.
We just have to stay healthy...that's the trick.
All our core players are healthy...we can go far.

Use DD, Weber, Kaberle to get whatever we can get for the playoffs! (or keep DD and Weber in case of anything...Kaberle may get us a 3rd Rnd Pick or a 2nd Rnd pick depending on how desperate a team is!). Or else...I want to keep all of our 1st and 2nd Rnd Picks in such a deep Draft.

I'd wait another two years (or three yrs!) before we think of giving up those 1st and 2nd Rnd Picks to get that kind of player that will help us win a CUP (ex: Dustin Byfuglien...he would be a beast for us!!). Would also be great to go very far without giving up any 1st and 2nd Rnd Picks! (possible if Tinordi, Beaulieu, Ellis,etc...all do well for us in 2-3 years or less...and then there's Thrower, Dietz,etc).

Markov-Byfuglien
Gorges-Subban
Bouillon/Emelin-Diaz
I've never thought of the possibility of picking up Byfuglien. Winnipeg's not doing too great this year and might be willing to part way with him if we make an interesting offer. He comes with a hefty cap hit but Byfuglien would bring a lot to this team. His size and offensive capabilities would really help us.