Thread: Carl Hagelin
View Single Post
Old
02-18-2013, 08:48 AM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
People read too much into Torts' advice to other players to watch Hagelin. Its not about getting into the weeds of the argument and comparing the attributes of each players.

Its about how Hagelin is fearless out there - specifcially how he uses his speed to get to the dirty areas of the ice.
I agree 100% with Torts here.

I think to a big extent it comes from the need to have momentum and carry the play in the game today. And there are many players in this league who can play a game where they put pts on the board -- but don't contribute much if at all in getting their teams up ice and into the attacking zone and at keeping the puck there.

Hagelin is not great at carrying the puck nor is he that strong it around the boards. But he is extremely active on the forecheck, read the ice well and forces alot of turnovers and any line he is on is effective in this regard.

Torts has made comments on Kreider and Gabby in which he has referred to Hags. Torts has also several times cut down Gabby's ice time or benched him completely. He called out Gabby after the PO's (despite the shoulder). And I think he got good grounds for it. Gabby must found ways to be more of a force on the ice. I know its harsh, but we should and we will go Gartner on him if he doesn't get it done in the PO's in the near future.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote