View Single Post
02-18-2013, 09:49 AM
vCash: 500
I've watched every game & have paid VERY close attention to #27. I also record them & watch them again. I actually freeze the action when he's playing to look at impressive plays & tendencies. I see some comments here like Price & Budaj's numbers helping him & to expect his numbers to drop. On the contrary, Chucky's defensive zone work is impressive. He's always going an excellent job watching the back door. Also, he's demonstrated an impressive ability to keep the puck along the boards when the opportunity presents itself for him to move away from the slot defensively. When Gallagher & Prust were with him, there were many a time when that line got bogged down in their own zone. However, under these conditions Chucky has still been very consistent watching out for any back door sneak attacks in the slot. He also gets back in a hurry. The last game against Philly, he was attacking & the puck came our way & was shot into our corner for a Philly change. Before our D's were even on it, Chucky beat them to it, made it back & cleared the blueline. So, I've noticed an impressive consistency that DEMONSTRATES that these numbers are not a fluke & I don't see them dropping anytime soon. Yes it's true the goalies are shutting the door but when Chucky is in the D zone, he's preventing shots against - PERIOD!

Last edited by Athlétique_Canadien: 02-18-2013 at 10:16 AM.
Athlétique_Canadien is offline   Reply With Quote