View Single Post
Old
02-18-2013, 09:09 AM
Montreal Shadow

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Byfuglien is the one that really makes me salivate for our team.
He has everything and...he can even play forward if needed, but would love him to be our dman one day at a decent price or as ufa one day? He could really make us a contender...he could make a lot of teams a contender if the chemistry is there. He handled/battled Pronger very well to help Chi win the Cup.

Still think Chicago should have found a way to keep him (core of Toews, Byfuglien, Kane). Byfuglien can be that HUGE power forward for us that stays in front of the net (hard to remove)...OR he can be that power dman we've needed since decades. And he'd help us in a huge way vs the Boston Gooins and the Toronto maple-goons.

Markov-Byfuglien
Gorges-Subban
Emelin/Bouillon-Diaz

And then with Tinordi (in a year or more)...our D would go from small/average to huge!

(but right now our D is pretty balanced/good with at least one solid dman on each pairing...Gorges, Subban, Markov all separated to create balance...not amazing but not bad at all with a healthy Markov, Subban, and Gorges).
If Diaz can keep playing like he does. He could paired with Tinordi. That would give the team balanced scoring and physicality/size across the 3 pairs. Not to mention the D would be fairly young. We'd get rid of Bouillon and keep Emelin as a 7th Dman. Hell, we could even trade him, he'd get a pretty good return me thinks. I wouldn't be against acquiring Byfuglien provided he's used with a partner than can cover his recklessness. He'd provide great support for Markov with his physical play.