View Single Post
Old
02-18-2013, 09:31 AM
MrHockey1982

vCash: 500
So I visited the city this weekend and I really loved it. My friend who I stayed with lives in Manayunk. It's nice there, but it seems a little too young, too quiet, and too far from the city for me. If I'm going to get season tickets, I'd rather just take the subway down Broad St. instead of having to take a cab or the train in first. I didn't care for Northern Liberties. Fairmount looked nice but it didn't really seem like there was a ton of things to do there. Maybe I just didn't see the different bars and restaurants there. I absolutely loved Old City but my friend told me that it's very young there. Center City was awesome too as well as Rittenhouse and Washington Square. The Headhouse was really nice too but was far from transportation. If I had a choice, I think I'd live in Old City, Center City, Rittenhouse, or Washington Square. If you'd like to, I would appreciate any feedback about those areas. Thank you.

The bars/restaurants/attractions I visited were Kildare's in Manayunk, Xfinity Live (awesome), Frankford Hall, some popular late night diner in Center City (I can't remember the name), Reading Terminal, Independence Mall, City Hall, The Convention Center, Comcast Center, Triumph Brewing Company, Good Dog, The Continental, Sugar something? (A basement bar), and finally Ladder 15. It was a great time as some of my friends were at the Mumford and Sons concert in Camden and we met up with them at Ladder 15.

Overall, I am really impressed with how nice and traditional the city is. I had only really seen south Philly before and I didn't care for it. I have my second interview for a job in King of Prussia on Tuesday and I think that I am going to get the job. If so, I am really excited about the opportunity to live in Philly.

MrHockey1982 is offline   Reply With Quote