View Single Post
Old
02-18-2013, 10:40 AM
SoulPatch

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
Down to business.

No. That wasn't trollish. That was supposed to be funny. Yes, I'm eccentric. Haha.

To Ottawa:
2013 2nd rounder
Ryan Whitney

To Edmonton:
1st rounder in 2013 or 2014 (Ottawa has the choice at the draft table)
Mark Stone

The crazy and hilarious idea to poke jokes at is that if Spezza and Karlsson were healthy, the Sens would be in great shape. Chances are they won't make the playoffs this year. Yes. I'm sorry. I'm a pessimist.

I don't even think that Whitney would be the difference for making the playoffs, but he might be good enough to keep them competitive enough so that they sell significantly more tickets than they might otherwise be selling a month from now. If things go horribly bad, at least they can choose to hold onto the lottery pick.

Next year will be different. Ottawa has tons of young blood which will be more mature and ready to make a bigger impact. I refuse to believe they'll be looking at coughing up another lottery pick next year.
Such a bad deal. You basically took the OP and have Ottawa adding a 1st round pick to it . We are not giving up a top 10 pick to acquire Ryan ****ing Whitney. We are not buyers and we are not selling picks/prospects for struggling players with the hope of plugging holes and finishing 9th. The bolded paragraph is especially hilarious. Basically stating "Ryan Whitney won't help you make the playoffs, but he may help you sell more tickets". At least you give us the choice in what year you can bend us over though (2013 or 2014) .

Quote:
Originally Posted by officeglen View Post
Why do you even care?
. Agreed, We get it already. Oiler fans don't think Stone is worth much, so we'll hold on to him then rather than dump him away. Thanks for trying to "help" us though.

Last edited by SoulPatch: 02-18-2013 at 10:49 AM.
SoulPatch is offline   Reply With Quote