Lewis had his Mowers. Does Claude have his Bourque?
View Single Post
02-18-2013, 10:06 AM
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Long Island
Originally Posted by
I find it hard to believe that the Bruins would give Bourque special tratment because of who his father is, but there have been some odd decisions that have been hard to rationalize...
- How on earth does Bourque end up on one of the PP units?
- How does Bourque end up in the top 3 of the shootout?
- How on earth does Bourque end up on the 1st line (in Looch's absence)?
I look at how cautiously Seguin was used his first year (3rd or 4th line, sheltered minutes, pressbox, etc) and can't really figure out how and why Chris Bourque has literally been given every chance and opportunity to shine.
Just weird (at least to me)...
1. He was running the PP from the point in Providence. I don't know how successful they were, but that's probably why he was there.
2. From what I've read, the shootout order is usually determined by the in-practice shootouts. He might be 10 for 10 in those. We have no idea.
3. He's been getting better each game. He was having a really solid game last night. He plays left wing. Peverley didn't look too good with Krejci and Horton. Peverley and Kelly usually have great chemistry and belong together.
As far as comparing him to Seguin... Bourque's 27. Not 18. He's played for years. At this point, they aren't trying to develop him, as they did with Seguin. They're trying to get anything out of him.
View Public Profile
Rubber Biscuit's albums
Find More Posts by Rubber Biscuit