View Single Post
Old
02-18-2013, 10:15 AM
Drewbackatu*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCresty View Post
The competition for the Vezina is thinner imo. Rinne is always great but he's yet to win a Vezina (I think). Anderson is not going to keep it up for long. With Karlsson and Spezza out, his wins are going to go down and his save percentage is going to suffer with the additional defensive zone time. Most of all, he's really not that great and is very inconsistent. As a casual Avs fan, I've seen enough to know. Among the other candidates, Henrik can out perform all of them. bad 1st quarter of the season and the other 3 quarters remain for him to defend his trophy. He's been decent for a few games now stringing together 4 wins and hopefully the team will start to dominant and play well defensively. I am one for never giving up hopes on his 30 win streak and Vezina.
Does winning another Vezina really matter that much? Hank is the least of our problems although I do believe that the organization needs to start thinking about drafting then developing another goalie in the next 3-5 years.

Pekka Rinne is a great goalie also who plays in a much more defensive oriented system in Nashville because of their lack of offense.

Hank will be fine; he's just never going to be a world beater when it comes to handling the puck.

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote