View Single Post
Old
02-18-2013, 10:32 AM
Wheatking

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
you would think that someone that is a consistent scorer a has a good package of skills, they would be able to earns a roster spot? It is debatable because MPS has regressed
We're talking about 20/21 year olds here. There is no hurry to get them into the line up.

...and lets be honest here. The Canucks are talking about how hard it is to crack their line up. Do you think Schroeder would be getting 14+ minutes a night on the Oilers? Or 3+ minutes a night on the PP? Does he take a job from Hall, Eberle, RNH, Gagner, Hemsky or Yakupov? The answer is no.(He's actually averaging more time on the PP than Hemsky and Yakupov this season) So what would he do on the Oilers? Play in the bottom 6? Play a couple minutes on the PK a night like Paajarvi does? Again, no.

I'm not saying this to insult Schroeder. I just see it as the way it is. Paajarvi's offense may have regressed but it's only regressed to the point where now we're able to compare Schroeder to him. A couple years ago it wasn't even close. Now it is.

However, as of today, a 5'9 offensive player that isn't producing much offense isn't as valuable to a bottom six as a 6'2 offensive player that also isn't creating much offense but is able of bringing a very good defensive game can play in the bottom six...and I'm sure Schroeder can hold his own in the defensive zone but Paajarvi is not just above average in this area. He's a good defensive forward.

Last edited by Wheatking: 02-18-2013 at 10:54 AM.
Wheatking is offline   Reply With Quote