View Single Post
Old
02-18-2013, 10:37 AM
DeuceMN
Really?

vCash: 500
Butch - I like him, but he doesn't fit on our team anymore. We're not going to be re-signing him and he's just sitting out games now anyways. We need to trade him for what we can get. It's shameful to have a forward of his caliber sitting. Especially after all the work he did just to be able to play again.

Cullen - WE're probably not re-signing him. He's fine in a bottom 6 role, but we have too many that can do what he does. There's no real spot for him on this team anymore. I would try to move him as well if we can this year.

Heatley - He's still producing some, but not at all what what you would expect from his contract or the ice time he gets. He just keeps getting slower as well. I am intrigued by the idea of buying him out this summer.

With this space cleared up, we could then make a legitimate move for Perry or Getzlaf. I still do not see Granlund as a great C in this league, not for a year or two, if at all. Maybe I'm wrong, but, if you could pencil Getzlaf into the 2C role on this team, THAT would be strong. I think he would do quite well on this team.

Or you get Perry. Perry on the top line with Koivu and Parise. That would be a balanced, skilled, filthy filthy top line. We would also have the cap for it.

The kids could then fight over the second and third lines. I'm still hoping Larsson might be able to fill that 2C role. He has plenty of speed, is defensively responsible, and plays the perfect style to blend well with Granlund.