View Single Post
02-18-2013, 10:38 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Killer B View Post
- How on earth does Bourque end up on one of the PP units?
17/46/18/19/63/37/49/33/27 are all already on the PP. That's every skill player we have but it's only 9 guys so we need one more.

Out of the guy's left, who's more skilled/has the potential to do something on the PP: Paille, McQuaid, Ference, Boychuk, Campbell, Thornton or Bourque?

I'd say that, given his skill-set, PP experience and the fact that we need more LH shots on the PP, it isn't a shock to me that Bourque gets the 10th spot.

- How does Bourque end up in the top 3 of the shootout?
This question has come up before (when guys like Axelsson have been given opportunities to shoot) and I believe the answer is that they base the extra spot on whoever wins it in practice. (Seguin and Bergy seem to be locks even though Krejci has a better career shootout% than Bergy.)

- How on earth does Bourque end up on the 1st line (in Looch's absence)?
He earned it.

He started on the 3rd line and played well. Peverley started on the 1st line and they were -2 after 2. So they switched 'em up.

I look at how cautiously Seguin was used his first year (3rd or 4th line, sheltered minutes, pressbox, etc) and can't really figure out how and why Chris Bourque has literally been given every chance and opportunity to shine.
Seguin was sheltered because Seguin played timid and wasn't willing to do the little things that win games (like getting to pucks first knowing you're going to get hit, like battling for pucks, and competing physically). He had to get comfortable and adjust and it took time.

Bourque (and Hamilton) haven't have any problems adjusting to the physical/intimidating part of the game and with that out of the way they're allowed to just go play and learn the system.