View Single Post
Old
02-18-2013, 11:07 AM
DRWCountryClub

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowah View Post
You know, you could keep Dats/Zetterberg together. They did show moments of the old magic last night. Emmerton is developing into an adequate centerman, and Anderson hasn't been terrible either.

Z-Dats-Brunner
Franzen-Filppula-Nyquist
Tatar-Helm-Tootoo << I would love to see this line iced. Three little balls of fury.
Emmerton + any combo of Miller/Eaves/Abby/Bert

imo, that's 3 really strong lines, if Nyquist is who we think he is. I am kinda drooling over that third line right now. The speed, the skill, the grinding power. You could roll those lines. The fourth line isn't too bad either. You put Bert and Miller on there and that's a decent bit of skill with some speed.
I do like that third line, but I disagree about Emmerton. His offense is non existent. I really don't see what you see in him. 2 points in 15 games? He's a plug, plain and simple. Filppula is so much better in that scoring center role than either Helm or Emmerton.

Bert is useless on the fourth line, he has good chemistry with Datsyuk and with Nyquist, that line could be a good puck possession line.

I think my issue is, this teams just simply better with D and Z anchoring their own lines. They are so much better and make the players around them better. You need to share that wealth when this roster has no other such players. Harder to match up against as well, why keep both PPG players on the same line?

If Filppula is in the top six, it seems like he should be a winger, otherwise, 3rd line center.

I think we are thinking along the same lines though.

Hell, with sheltered minutes around 12 a night I think Cleary could be a great fourth liner, to be honest.