View Single Post
Old
02-18-2013, 11:13 AM
Kjell Dahlin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
Well. I put a lot of value on points. They tend to win you cups. But what do I know, I saw Gros Bill play when I was 7. And the Habs the entire 70's. Live. They ate teams alive and killed teams to death with skating, goals and assists.

Score goals. Could not care less about solid D play. That was for Gainey to worry about. Oh, wait, he scored goals too.
Oh don’t get me wrong: points (results) are, especially for top line players, essential over a significant period of time. All I meant was that Desharnais, during the last 18 days or so, mostly played good games: he set up his wingers nicely, he competed hard and his line created scoring chances. He played well despite his limited production.

However, if Desharnais ends the season with 21 points (36 pts on a 82 games basis; his current pace), I would be the first to ask for an improvement.

Right now, Pacioretty, Cole and Desharnais are not producing as expected but, because they already proved that they can produce at the NHL level, I won’t start pouting if their production is subpar during a specific 7-8 game stint! Especially if they keep playing like they did in the last few games.

That said... I would gladly swap any of our players with Gros Bill or Bob Gainey!