View Single Post
02-18-2013, 11:53 AM
Bandwagon Since 1967
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Richie10 View Post
Ugh, King with Richards and Carter? What is the fascination with this big dopey kid? He hasn't done a thing this season - why is he being rewarded with second line icetime and a guy like Gagne overscrutinized?
Gee, I don't know. Maybe because he had an outstanding playoffs last season, culminating in 4 goals in the Phoenix series? Perhaps that speed assist to Lewis during the now-famous 5 minute major? Maybe because he brings speed and size to the wing and he gets around defenders routinely?

This isn't about being "rewarded." This is about trying to find the right fit. Sutter is trying to find line combinations that will work. As we have seen in recent games, he is not hesitant to change things up during the game.

Originally Posted by Richie10 View Post
There's no reason why Gagne should be on the fourth line. If you want to criticize a player like Gagne for having zero goals, look at your own ridiculous system that demands a finesse guy to grind out goals along the boards. Absurd.
Not sure what you are talking about. Being on a particularly-numbered line doesn't always mean its your "grind line." As I said above, Sutter is trying to find the right line combos. "Absurd," I mean really? I am going to give the defending Stanley Cup champion coach a little more credit than you are giving him.

Ron* is offline   Reply With Quote