View Single Post
Old
02-18-2013, 12:17 PM
arsmaster
semantic romantic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
I think people are far too focused on the mistakes instead of the overall picture. It's a matter of which way the play is flowing when they're on the ice. Bieksa has by far the worst possession numbers on the D right now and it has been that way since the beginning of the season.

I'm not going to deny that Edler has had some noteable ****-ups but it's easier to correct those than it is to sway your overall level of play.

Bieksa is riding luck right now. His PDO is 1080, that's ridiculous and not even close to sustainable. When it regresses, with the number of shots and chances he's giving up, he'll quickly find himself losing us games.
Can you explain what PDO is, I realize there are metrics in the game, and they can be useful, but for me I don't even know what PDO is, and in reality I see Edler's play on the right side as being very hard to correct. He's awful over there, I'm glad he didn't get $6m+ because our highest paid defensman shouldn't look like that on his off side.

Is there a metric that measures something instead of where you shifts end, but how much of it is in the offensive zone? I mean, ending in the o-zone is all fine and dandy, but if you were stuck in your own zone for 45 seconds of you 60 second shift...how does that tell you anything?

When I watch, I definitely see some imperfections in Bieksa, but to say Hamhuis, Garrison and Edler are miles ahead at this point doesn't pass my eye test (I will say again, I missed the Minnesota and Dallas games, and judging by the results aren't worth wasting my time watching the replay on the pvr).