Old
02-18-2013, 12:17 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post
^^^^ all that. RIP.

And didn't Buss start Prime Ticket? Which changed how L.A. fans got to watch the Kings and Lakers on TV. Before PT, all we got to watch were road games, and the Kings would show maybe 20 games a season?? (anyone have an old pocket schedule they can check? and I loved the old schedules: Kings schedule on one side, Lakers on the other) The rest of the games were Bob Biller on the radio.
I remember how things all changed one night either late in 1982 or early in 1983.

The Lakers were hosting the Philadelphia 76ers. They decided to experiment, by putting a home game on cable! I can't remember the cable station, but I do remember that it had to be on cable, because my dad asked to come over to the apartment to watch the game. It was really incredible to see a home game on TV for the Lakers...last I can remember, they would show some home Finals games in 1980 against the 76ers, but some of those were tape-delayed (weeknights), but the Sunday games may have been live.

Anyway, it was really an anomaly. The Lakers won that game, then I believe it was the next season or the season after that they started showing home games on Prime Ticket. Of course, the games were being sold as part of a cable package.