View Single Post
Old
02-18-2013, 12:18 PM
PigeonCamera

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by harpoon View Post
Two problems with this. First, the "total package" center you outline above is not an abundant commodity. Second, we have the dumbest man in hockey seeing to it that the team acquire such a player. Good luck if that's what you're waiting for.
Are you telling me I couldn't go through the list of SC champions to date and find a team that won with a worse 2C than Sam Gagner? I didn't think so.
So really all of the above - like your contention that he could never center the second line on a championship team - are not facts, rather opinions, born of a combination of your cherry-picking bias against the player, the extent to which you blame one player for the overall softness of the team, and most unbelievable, your willingness to write off a player who is only twenty three and has somehow survived the wasteland that has been our Edmonton Oilers hockey club for the last five seasons.
False. When I see that line gain possession of the zone smoothly its almost always a result of Gagner carrying the puck through neutral and making the smart pass.
How about since we aren't going to be a championship team anytime soon, and the "total package" guy you want seems currently unavailable .... how about we just hold onto the player and see what happens over the next few seasons? Let the GM try to fill a few of the more glaring needs on the team rather than working to rid himself of his current leading scorer.

This was fantastic.

PigeonCamera is offline   Reply With Quote