View Single Post
Old
02-18-2013, 12:19 PM
nickschultzfan

vCash: 500
I disagree on our blueline. It's young and talented. Blueliners don't hit their stride until 25+. No changes needed. Just proper slotting and further development.

#1 and #2
Suter & Brodin - Great first pair. Can really puck move and play defense. Don't change for the next 10 years.

Gilbert - Good #3 Dman. Not great defense, but solid and he makes up for it with his puck-moving and offensive ability.

Unfilled at this point. Need a guy who compliments Gilbert. See below.

Spurgeon -Even is supporters have to admit he's limited. When side-by-side compared with Brodin, it's not even close. He's a very smart player and good puck-mover, but he fits best as the bottom-pairing Dman who can play special teams and move up when there is injuries

#6 & #7
Stoner and Falk - Neither have shown the consistency to play big minutes, but both add size and strength to the blueline that isn't there before. Both are exposed when playing top-4 minutes. Stoner is probably peaked, so Falk may beat him out in the long run. However both have a spot on this team long-term. If they go, there will be a lot of "physical Dman to the Wild" trade proposals from Wild fans.

Prosser. Whatever says me. He's ok to step in. Ain't gonna cry if he leaves.

So, who is #4?
Scandella and Dumba - With Stoner, Falk, Spurgeon, and Prosser all failing to show that they should be 2nd pairing Dmen, I think it's a matter of time before Scandella gets a shot. He played very well with Gilbert before, and the two players would compliment each other well. Scandella can play more of a stay-at-home role and bring the physical game, but also bring it in other parts of his game. Don't forget guys like Falk have two years of muscle on him and Stoner has 4-5 years. Scandella will be a beast as he puts on more and more weight.

If Scandella doesn't work out, Dumba will get a shot, and Scandella can bump out Falk or Stoner in the bottom pairing.