View Single Post
Old
02-18-2013, 12:31 PM
IceManCat
A New Era

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
Accomplished is entirely the wrong word to use, given we are discussing draft eligible prospects with a player who is 20 and has played 4 years of Junior. However, if you want to discuss accomplishments ; Barkov is the highest scoring Finnish draft eligible player of all time, Lindholm is one of the highest scoring Swedish eligible Forwards of all time (Now past Backstrom) and Drouin is at 2 PPG in the CHL. All these players are somewhat historically relevant within their own environment.

Of course, statistical data isn't everything. I'd take Barkov 10/10 over Huberdeau. Give me a 6 ft 3 physically dominating specimen with elite hands and vision over Huberdeau. Lindholm and Drouin are somewhat similar to Huberdeau, but both have arguably higher end abilities. Monahan is debatable, but again, responsible big offensively gifted Centers are a rare commodity.

I see what your saying, I guess what I meant to say is we already have guys like that in our system except Lindholm. Bjugstad, Shore, Howden are all 6'3 plus none have the capabilities of Barkov but they are still somewhat comparable in the "size" respect and two way play department. We needed a guy like Huberdeau for awhile now an all out skilled forward not a two way threat. Even with Huberdeau I still want a guy that can put the puck in the net as he is more of a playmaker. Lindholm I believe is projected as another playmaker? Drouin too similar to Huberdeau. Barkov a much better Bjugstad ? I dunno I guess any of them will improve the team but obviously Mackinnon would be the target.