View Single Post
Old
02-18-2013, 12:42 PM
haveandare

vCash: 500
Approve overall.

He's had some problems for sure (horrible PP, questionable TOI for certain players) but in my opinion, most of the players looked like garbage to start. I'm not sure how much of the sloppy play was coaching. The season being uncertain to even happen for so long, the short camp, and the lack of preseason all likely played in to so many guys starting with so much rust. Combine that with high roster turnover and the start was a mess. The team is starting to come together now as everyone is hitting their stride and getting comfortable with one another.

Torts has been pretty flexible so far in my opinion. He broke up that powerhouse line once they started getting stale, he made a series of moves between the AHL and the NHL in search of the right combinations for the bottom 6, he benched Boyle who people whine about him playing favorite with and then let him back in and the results have been positive so far.

At this point, it's all about the PP. He needs to find a way to structure it in order to have success. It doesn't need to be the best in the league with the way the team plays, but it needs to be threatening and it hasn't been yet.

A lot of the hate for him is completely illogical. He's been good so far and in my opinion he was great last year.

Last edited by haveandare: 02-19-2013 at 01:25 PM.