View Single Post
Old
02-18-2013, 12:47 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceManCat View Post
I see what your saying, I guess what I meant to say is we already have guys like that in our system except Lindholm. Bjugstad, Shore, Howden are all 6'3 plus none have the capabilities of Barkov but they are still somewhat comparable in the "size" respect and two way play department. We needed a guy like Huberdeau for awhile now an all out skilled forward not a two way threat. Even with Huberdeau I still want a guy that can put the puck in the net as he is more of a playmaker. Lindholm I believe is projected as another playmaker? Drouin too similar to Huberdeau. Barkov a much better Bjugstad ? I dunno I guess any of them will improve the team but obviously Mackinnon would be the target.
Barkov, Lindholm, Monahan, Mackinnon and Drouin are all very skilled with the puck. Of course a few of them are more playmaking orientated, but they all project to be impact Forwards at the NHL level. Lindholm is a fantastic skater with great vision and will be more of a playmaker than scorer at the NHL level. Barkov has a very good shot, but plays a calm puck possession type game. Drouin has the most puck flash, whilst Monahan is just solid everywhere.

I'd take Barkov over Huberdeau everytime because big framed players who are great in both ends is a very very difficult commodity to find.

You can't begrudge the selection of any of these players. Mackinnon/Drouin will be taken before the others, in my opinion. I think Lindholm might slip a little relative to the others, although i think it would be a mistake to not take him in the Top 6. Some team will be enamoured with Zadorov/Nurse/Pulock/Ristolainen probably.