View Single Post
Old
02-18-2013, 12:51 PM
Circulartheory
@danccchan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaps View Post
You're putting an awful lot of stock on a single game. I think it's way too early to tell if the 2nd/3rd lines used last night should stick or not. I don't think they'll stick, because PMB will most likely be able to play again on Thursday and I don't see them leaving him in the press box. Like I've already said multiple times, if there's no use for Granlund in the top lines, send him down for both his own and for the team's sake. The difference between you and me here is that I'm not nearly as convinced as you are that those lines should stick.
But isn't that the trick question?

Reason why Granlund is on the 4th line is because Yeo was experimenting with Zucker and Larsson, which seemed to pay off.

So it is only logical to stick with the winning formula, correct? But we won't know if its actually a winning formula, or just, as you say, a single game.

Its an audition period, but when does an audition become fulltime? 2, 3 more games? And what if the Wild win all those games with Zucker and Larsson pushing out Granlund?

My point is, this team has struggled this season, and finally against the Red Wings, we looked like we had some life. I say, try it out again, See if it works. If it doesn't reshuffle the lines and trying to find a winning combination, maybe Granlund with Parise-Koivu. But if the winning lineup means Granlund has to be on the 4th line, I say send him down.