View Single Post
Old
02-18-2013, 12:55 PM
SnowblindNYR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
I doubt it, but if he keeps improving, he might. He was really awful the first half a season. A lot of effort for no result. Then he was benched and I assume he was told that he's not Kovalev (stickhandler) and he's not Tkachuk (power forward), he's should use his speed and shooting. Suddenly he was firing away from everywhere and producing results. His blue line shot on the PP (he plays the point) is a real threat.

I actually think he could be another Hagelin, but with a better shot. The only problem is that being a couple inches shorter is kind of a problem for him. Everyone thinks he can only be a top-6 NHLer, but he could also be a spark plug if he uses his speed and shiftiness the right way.

McIlrath is at least as good as MDZ on defense. Obviously, he's not in the same stratosphere offensively, but I am not sure how he's worse defensively. I guess he's a rookie and might panic in times when a vet would be cool, but I haven't seen that in the AHL. I don't think having McIlrath instead of MDZ makes us worse defensively.

That said, keep MDZ!
Thanks!