View Single Post
Old
02-18-2013, 12:55 PM
MtlPenFan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderratedBrooks44 View Post
Yeah I have a big problem with this rhetoric about Bylsma mishandling rookies, and again I don't even like the guy. It's all because of Strait's quote, which I take with a grain if salt. Overreaction to athlete's quotes when they're just trying to come up with **** to say and get out of the interview is so overrated. He was afraid to make a mistake because the Penguins had a lot of Dmen and he didn't know when he'd get in the lineup next for that same reason. Tangradi was afraid to make a mistake because there was pressure on him. That's fine dude. Go to the Jets where there's no pressure to perform. All that doesn't mean it's Bylsma's fault though.

Shero mistakenly kept Lovejoy over Strait and Tangradi sucks. That's all this is.
That's a cut and paste answer for rookies or depth guys who go to teams lower on the totem pole. The Kings released a D-man (forgot his name) recently and he essentially said the same thing when he was picked up by the Islanders.

Bylsma has his share of faults that even a backer like myself has with him, but what I don't like is taking valid points like an over reliance on the stretch pass - and applying them to literally everything else that's wrong with the team.

I've repeated it over and over again, but I'll do it one more time: When the Penguins jettison a player, whether rookie or vet, and he goes on to flourish elsewhere, then I'll listen. Until that day comes, it's nothing but white noise.

MtlPenFan is offline   Reply With Quote