View Single Post
Old
02-18-2013, 01:58 PM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer B View Post
I find it hard to believe that the Bruins would give Bourque special tratment because of who his father is, but there have been some odd decisions that have been hard to rationalize...

- How on earth does Bourque end up on one of the PP units?
- How does Bourque end up in the top 3 of the shootout?
- How on earth does Bourque end up on the 1st line (in Looch's absence)?

I look at how cautiously Seguin was used his first year (3rd or 4th line, sheltered minutes, pressbox, etc) and can't really figure out how and why Chris Bourque has literally been given every chance and opportunity to shine.

Just weird (at least to me)...
No, you answered your questions. He is a 13th forward who can play on the first line. That means when Lucic has off ice family issues Chris takes his spot and we don't lose anything or weaken the third line like we would promoting Peverley to Lucic's spot. There is no reason not to give him chances to succeed.

His cap number helps the team next year and compensates for the bad contracts we have. Having him capable of holding down a top 9 spot lets us make moves and add salary.

I don't think he is amazing and would probably like to swap him and Paille but he is contributing and has been a good signing.