Thread: OT: Shaw v telus v other
View Single Post
Old
02-18-2013, 01:46 PM
baxtefer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DL44 View Post
I hate my Shaw TV service. watching on delay (where you've paused for a few minutes) its glichy as hell and drives us nuts. The PVR fails to record when it looks like it is. And it will go through phases where the PVR will freeze and reset itself... Drives me nuts!

Optic TV looks awesome. Great reviews froms friends. I got the 1st generation Telus internet tv and it was brutal. when back to Shaw... but since Optic came out.
Using Optic's on screen guides and menu is so cool compared to Shaw.

There is NO comparison to the 2 internet systems tho... Shaw is awesome. Reliable as hell. Had nothing but problems with Telus internet.

As much as I hate the PVR at times... I like the no contract, the channel organization, the HD channels, cost, and are generally just very comfortable with it.

But i will curse the hell outta of it at least once a week and threathen to throw it out the window. I'm hoping its just that i need a new PVR since this one is like 3-4 yrs.. But i want to make sure it is before i go spend another few hundred on a new one and end up with the same issues.

So overall..
Internet - Shaw
TV - Telus Optic, but i'm favoring the devil i don't know vs the one i know.
Sounds like the HD in your PVR is failing. A dying hard drive can lead to things like freezing, random reboots, failed recording, the PVR saying it's 100% full when it's not, etc..
I've had this happen to me twice. Both times, replacing the HD fixed the problem.

baxtefer is offline   Reply With Quote