View Single Post
Old
02-18-2013, 01:48 PM
saywut

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by grN1g View Post
^ need to upgrade the back end more than anything.

Suter-Brodin
X-Gilbert
Stoner-X

is our backend next year with Falk, Scandella, and Spurgy all needing new deals, none of which have either A: shown than can play on the left side, or B: aren't the Dmen we need to be playoff threats.

in my opinion i dont think stoner fits this system at all, and i view our depth as this

Suter Brodin
X-Gilbert
X-X
Stoner

Dumba
Actually Scandella and Falk only look comfortable on the left side. As for no success, Scandella was on our top pair for ~half of last season, and we were a middle of the pack team defensively. Clearly the lock-out and his injury have hurt him more than anyone, though I question why Yeo never even tried him with Gilbert, the guy he was shutting down top-lines with down the stretch last year. Its a numbers game and with him the only one not subject to waivers(aside from Brodin), and Yeo's comfortability with Clayton Stoner on his 2nd pairing make him the easy man out. Can't say I agree with it, but Scandella has continued to struggle with consistency. Next year we won't have the option of shuffling Marco down as he'll no longer be waiver exempt. But if Yeo's more comfortable with Stoner and Falk and Fletcher can sign them to reasonable contracts we might as well start shopping Scandella.