View Single Post
Old
02-18-2013, 02:09 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vodeni View Post
jiggy
you probably forgot more about hockey this morning than I will ever know (to use this cliche) but I am really curios how you figure this out. I really really like Niskanen, I watch him closely. The big concern on him what Kirk brought up first having watch him in Dallas, was that he got scared after gets hit, starts hearing footsteps, that still is a little bit true but I watch him and I see guy who gets to the puck fast who escapes majority of forechecks, who plays smart with the stick, who has high IQ with the puck, who is confident to pinch in on the blue line (which is what we desperatly need), who can put the puck on the net....I see all of that and somehow there is this stigma he is not good for playoffs, based on what? last year? if that's the case I don't want to see Orpik on the team comes play off cause he stunk not just last year but year before too, how about Martin, Engo? None of these I would rather have than Niskanen.
It is just a feeling I have about Nisky. It isn't so much Nisky, but Martin as well. I think Martin is a better blueliner, which is why I stood in his corner this Summer. I am just not comfortable with two guys who are similar in physical play and demeanor on the ice like Nisky and Martin. However, I prefer Martin over Nisky.

The hit the other day on Nisky early in the period shook him up pretty bad and he didn't look comfortable on the ice after that. I just have a bad feeling about him when a fierce forecheck is bearing down on this team over a seven game series. The Flyers forecheck in the playoffs wasn't nearly as punishing as the Rangers, Devils, Kings, etc.

I just prefer big, physical guys like Despres and Bort who will get in guys faces and get under their skin all series long, especially Bort and we have seen the difference maker Despres can be. Nisky is just a steady, less talented Paul Martin clone.

Mr Jiggyfly is offline   Reply With Quote