View Single Post
Old
02-18-2013, 03:12 PM
Scurr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
Bieksa isn't and is a total trainwreck in all aspects.
That's a huge exaggeration.

Quote:
Bieksa is riding luck right now. His PDO is 1080, that's ridiculous and not even close to sustainable. When it regresses, with the number of shots and chances he's giving up, he'll quickly find himself losing us games.
There is luck in Corsi too. Garrison was playing the worst of all our defenders imo when he was put with Bieksa. Hansen and Higgins also have poor Corsi numbers... what's up with that? Are you going to blame everyone on the team with a poor Corsi rating on Bieksa? He's the Bozak of our team?

Quote:
PDO is the sum of on-ice shooting percentage and on-ice save percentage. It regresses to about a 1000 over a significant enough sample size. Bieksa is at 1080 while Hamhuis and Edler are around 980-ish. Such extremes are usually simply driven by luck.

The problem with Bieksa is that he's right now on the ice for the most shots against of all our D and the 3rd most shots against of all our players. That's a concern going forward when the goaltending stops bailing him out as he's spending most of his time defending rather than driving the play the other way.
Juice is a slow starter. I say his game rounds out before his luck runs out.
Bieksa has been unlucky in this regard in the past, it's about time it went the other way for him imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitseleh View Post
Bieksa by my eye has been the worst defenceman on the team. I don't think he's taken a big step backwards defensively but I do think his contributions on offense have diminished to the point where they don't overcome his defensive deficiencies.
That's not fair given how much tougher the minutes he plays are then some of our other D. He was also tasked with playing with Garrison, who was struggling the most of all our D before being put with Bieksa.

Last edited by Scurr: 02-18-2013 at 04:18 PM. Reason: terrible english