View Single Post
Old
02-18-2013, 02:26 PM
THE HOFF

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
His ability to find the open spots will always makes him a dangerous scorer. But his inability to protect himself adequately will make him dangerous to his own health...and I'm not ONLY saying this 'cause he got injured. He needs to realize that in this league, they won't give you any chance and they are faster at getting you if needed.
this is so true. His puck reception/control is phenomenal ... he can dangle in traffic while being so calm. His goal against the jets (jan 29th) was great I thought he waited to gain some ground on the D that probably played it too passive ... but he took advantage of it ... they left him some space, he took it all before getting a quality shot with a screen. You can certainly see how intelligent and clever he is ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJbNQkAFmYA

his goal against philly is another good example ... it took him a split second to set himself up for a shot using the D as screen and fire... there was no space for that play. I felt he made space for himself trying to sell that he was going to follow the boards ... it gave him 0.5 sec with the puck ... it seems like it was more than enough. great thinking, great play ..

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote