View Single Post
Old
02-18-2013, 02:35 PM
FLYguy3911

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Yeah, there's no rush to sign Ghost. He's got another two years of eligibility and I'm sure that the Flyers are not wanting to rush him. He's rather light and the goal will be adding some much needed muscle and weight to his frame.
I never quite got this argument. Playing in the AHL is only going to help his physical development. They play a lot of weekend games, leaving plenty of time to get a proper training routine during the week. No offense to Union College, but I highly doubt he'll get as good a training as he would in a professional organization.

The ultimate decision should be whether he can continue to develop his on-ice game at Union. A couple months ago, it appeared he was on pace to be a near PPG player in the ECAC in which case I was leaning towards him signing after this season. He looked good in the few games he played top 4 minutes in the WJCs and he played well for a good stretch after the WJCs. It appears he has hit a rut the past couple of weeks and how he finishes the season will be critical in whether he's ready for professional hockey or if he needs another year. As I said earlier, I think he'll probably spend another year at Union.