View Single Post
Old
02-18-2013, 02:39 PM
Djp

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivet52 View Post
Absolutely not from Buffalo.

Regehr really needs to be kept out of proposals. He's got a NMC and he won't waive it unless Regier specifically asks if he'd like to be traded to a contender at the deadline and he wants that chance. Odds are that won't happen though. He doesn't want to leave Buffalo. Besides, I can guarantee he's a UFA we're going to try re-signing anyway and I expect he'll be more than willing to stay and might even take a hometown discount. He and his family are settled in Buffalo now and he won't move them again.

Even if Regehr was available, it'd be stupid of Buffalo to move him. He's one of our best defensemen (Ruff said just last week that he felt he's our best) and we want to re-sign him. And for Penner? A guy that is a UFA in the summer and has been a healthy scratch in L.A.? Buffalo's not going anywhere this year and we know it. Playoffs are a dream at this point. No point in trading for Penner. If we do anything with UFAs this season, we're going to be sellers and it won't be with Regehr either.
As I sad.....Leopold for Penner.

I look at it as a try out and see what happens....before he s a UFA. Leopold isn't gettng resigned. Regher likely does.

Penner has a good potential upside worth the risk. Their salaries are about the same.

Djp is online now   Reply With Quote