View Single Post
02-18-2013, 02:49 PM
vCash: 500
His offense is non existent. I really don't see what you see in him. 2 points in 15 games?
To be fair to him, until recently our bottom 6 as a whole was pretty crap. That can't be all on him. And you have to use a different metric for bottom 6 guys. They rarely get PP time, a lot of Emmerton's minutes come from PK, where he's not exactly a threat to score. And with the Wings being down as much as they are, Babcock's been unable to roll 4 lines. Has to keep the scoring lines out there, less ice time for Emmerton. If he's not on the ice, he has no chance to score. I'd be interested in seeing ES production per minute of the entire team of forwards.

But they've turned it up lately. They got some goals, putting on some pressure. Emmerton doesn't have much that he's shown in the way of offensive flair, but he's a solid all around guy for now. And I really think Miller has more goals in him. He's been getting chances for the past few games now, they're going to start going in. Bert's a big body with a scoring touch and with Miller/Emmerton digging pucks out, he could pot a few.