View Single Post
Old
02-18-2013, 03:51 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HankyZetts View Post
It's not about him doing something "stupid", although that is something he has to grow out of as well(penalties, trying to do too much, but with maturity that should disappear). Hockey sense is about constantly being 2 steps ahead. Knowing, not guessing, where everyone is on the ice at all times. Having that poise with the puck, and the ability to fake guys out without even having to deke them. We get front row seats to elite hockey sense every game with Andrei Markov, yet people still fail to notice the difference between him and PK. There is no stat that can quantify it, but it is the most important talent in all of hockey.
See above.
Poise can come with experience. PK is already showing more poise this year than last year.
Hockey sense is vision. You either have it or you don't. If you don't, then you'll never become great. If you don't, you will not be an effective #1 Dman facing the toughest opposition, playing upwards of 28min. Not. Going. To. Happen.

As for the knowing not guessing part. How often does PK break up plays? Or maybe you don't notice him breaking up those plays. You say you watch him play attentively? So, how come you're missing that?

Quote:
Says you, Kriss. I say, you aren't seeing things correctly. So...
At least I have advanced stats to back me up, you know, something objective.
And again, I'm not the one arguing one is miles ahead of the other.

Quote:
Sure he would, and he did. As an example a guy like Kovalev, who was a pretty great player, lacked hockey sense relative to the elite. He still made tons of highlight reel plays, but he made them due to his elite technical skills, like PK.
Kovalev lacked consistency. He's a player that floats around with great offensive vision with lazy defensive skills.
Not sure how they compare.

Quote:
You must watch more OEL. He's definitely an aggressive player, he's just much smarter with how he plays. Anyways, we're obviously done here. I've refuted your attempts to discredit my opinion, and now we're just arguing for no reason. You think they are on the same level, I don't.
No I don't. I know he's a great young player. They have different styles, that's it.

But you're the one that focuses on him. I said my eyes told me PK and OEL are pretty much on par. The stats back me up. You want to throw them away and say your eyes are better. Fine.

Still doesn't explain the ridiculousness of Hamilton or Jones being better.

This all started because you said you could easily name a list of under 25 D that were clearly better today than PK. Only 3 names made sense as clearly better.