View Single Post
Old
02-18-2013, 03:00 PM
The Expert
Registered Expert

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlPenFan View Post
My point in bringing up the Neil hit is the constant drone that he's "clean". He's not Cooke, but he's had his own incidents, including giving Grabovski the Steckel.
Personally, he's far, far, far from clean. I say this as a guy with a Neil jersey (amongst others, but I like the guy clearly). I don't want him to be clean. If he's clean as a whistle, he becomes so much less valuable. Need a guy willing to occasionally cross the line a bit.

Where we differ is in our views on how good/bad they are at teetering on the line. That's sports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlPenFan View Post
And speaking of the Steckel hit, at worse it was 50/50 within the fanbase. Nobody started a "let's hate the Caps thread". And to stay on subject, the ORGANIZATION, from the players to the coach and further on up, didn't once say the hit on Crosby was on purpose. Unfortunately I can't say the same thing about the Sens organization.
Not buying the 50/50 split personally. It's not as if there was no animosity before the play, the Sens and Pens haven't liked each other at all since the back to back first round series'. I know between my friends and I, before the Karlsson incident the Pens were already in our top 3 hated teams, though admittedly permanently behind Toronto and Montreal.

Point is, everyone over-reacts. After the things Lemieux has said, the Pens fans *****ing about the Sens organization from top to bottom is stupid, a big dick waving competition.

Not to mention, do you think that might have anything to do with comparing Steckel and Cooke? If Steckel had half the history, actually even 1/20th the history, you can bet it would have been different. Actually, how do you think it would have been had it been Neil? That's what I thought.

Pens fans really shouldn't use the hypocrite word ever, either. Claiming they called the Steckel incident accidental and then citing the Neil bump on Grabovski as a reason he's dirty. Does that make you hypocritical hypocrites?

The Expert is offline   Reply With Quote