View Single Post
02-18-2013, 03:41 PM
Mr Jiggyfly
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by UnderratedBrooks44 View Post
I personally haven't gushed over any of them, far from it. What I've said about Tangradi is nothing I haven't said about Caputi for the most part, and you can even throw in the great Janne Pesonen if you want. I'm completely neutral on Bennett. I think he looks better than Tangradi, but it's splitting hairs. All I personally said was I thought the guy looked like he had a chance to make it in the league. A chance, nothing more, and we'll know for sure most likely in 2-3 years. He won't have piqued then, but we'll know. I think they knew with Tangradi and the other guys previously mentioned.
I certainly hope BB is better than Tangradi given his pedigree. That doesn't mean it won't take him quite some time to adjust to this league.

I'm betting if that happens, people turn on him and spew their venom on him like they did with Tangradi.

When you see guys like Kraft, Beech, Koltsov get consistent minutes and fail, then you know it's time to turn the page. Until a young guy gets those consistent minutes and a heap of patience like the three above, you really don't know.

That is exactly why a guy like Kunitz was waiver wire fodder and given up on, but he has now had a career to be quite proud of.

With respect to the Dmen, give it some time. There's nothing wrong with Bortuzzo playing less minutes. He's played what, a half a dozen NHL games? Let's take it easy. Despres has flashes of what could be consistent greatness but right now, if I'm being frank, he also passes the puck directly to the other team in bunches some games. I don't have a problem with easing them in.
In a typical season, maybe.

It's a shortened season and both Letang and Nisky have already been injured and you are giving them more minutes like this after coming back from their injuries? Giving the top four an extra workload with so many games crammed into the schedule, is asking for trouble. Not to mention the young guys need to be ready for the playoffs when the inevitable injuries hit.

Mr Jiggyfly is offline   Reply With Quote