Thread: Jarome Iginla
View Single Post
Old
02-18-2013, 04:55 PM
Flames92

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarome Iginla View Post
I don't believe that theory one bit. He may have lost a step but he's a committed professional that always keeps himself in good shape. He's been getting good looks all year going hard to the net with Tangs putting the puck right on his stick, but most of the time it ended up hitting the goalie right in the logo. He's simply not scoring and that needs to change.

That being said, he's doing all the right things out there being a 200-foot player. That's why we're getting by. But if we want consistent wins, Iggy needs to score. End of the story.
When Iggy played with Cammalleri 4 years ago, it was the first time in 10 years (or 11 I cant remember) that he did not lead the team in goals. I personally believe Cammalleri has the best wrist shot on this team, and its obvious when Iginla is on the same line as Cams he is going to be passing the puck more. The reason everyone wants Iggy to score is simply because he's done it all these years to win games for this team.. But hes been setting up a lot of goals. If you actually look at his assists you'll realize that he's the reason they scored most of those goals (christ I think Glencross had 3 tap ins).. So I know we want Iggy to score but he's not useless out there.. With the depth we have this year Iggy does not have to take the puck to the net and do it all by himself anymore, he's got skilled players with him as options that can put it in the nets as well. That doesn't mean that if he gets a chance in the slot he's not going to take it, but we should expect his goals to slightly decline now, which is fine with me if he can keep setting up players like he has been doing.. I don't think it matters who scores on his line as long as they score right?

Flames92 is offline   Reply With Quote