View Single Post
Old
02-18-2013, 04:25 PM
Mrb1p

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
Montreal offered all of their picks for Mario Lemieux in 84. Pittsburgh turned it down. Both teams won Two Cups anyway.

I don't recall which team actually took the all of their picks thing but it's such a dumb proposal. So Montreal gives up all their picks for Drouin. Drouin breaks his leg and becomes Kyle Chipchura 2.0 What does Montreal have to show for the draft? Nothing.

Or the team that Montreal trades with to get that top 5 pick ends up picking up a Gallagher and a Subban with the second and fifth round picks. Montreal loses the depth game.

Teams don't take these offers because at some point they might end up losing on players due to the 50 player contract rule. It's just a dumb situation and shows GM desperation.
In that draft we got Corson, Svoboda, Richer, and Roy and we couldve drafted the likes of Robitaille, Suter(G.), Ronning and Hull...

As much as I like Lemieux(He's my favortie player of all-time and I think he deserve the''best'' of all time award.) I would not do this trade at all.

Corson+Svoboda+Richer+Roy for Lemieux? Is that intelligent to do ?