View Single Post
Old
02-18-2013, 04:41 PM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
i wonder what his value would be.. Bourque and 3rd (FLA) in 2013??
He is falling out of favor in Phoenix, can be had for cheap. To be honest, not sure if he would work out here. I would take a flier on him, but not at the expense of a high pick and prospect.
I would say nothing more than a 5th or a B prospect.

Edit: Found recent take on him, including his coach's comment.
Quote:
No. #3 – Maxim Goncharov
Pos. Defenseman
Ht. 6-3 Wt. 216
Date of Birth: 6-15-1989 (Age 24)
Hometown: Moscow, Russia
Last Team: Portland Pirates (AHL)

Bio: Goncharov is an offensive defenseman at a transitional point of his career. He’s entering his third season of his entry-level contract with the Phoenix Coyotes, trying to make the push to the National Hockey League. The Moscow, Russia native is looking to rebound from a poor season last year, scoring only four points (1g, 3a) in 45 games with the Pirates. His career-best season was in 2010-’11 with the Coyotes’ previous affiliate, San Antonio Rampage, where he scored 15 points in 61 games.

Coaches’ Comments: “Goncharov is a big, strong player. There is nobody on the team that probably has the skill set that he has, strength, can shoot the puck a ton. What we need from him is a simpler game. He should be able to produce for us offensively this season, but we need him to play a simpler, more effective game.”

Last edited by Kwayry: 02-18-2013 at 04:46 PM.