View Single Post
Old
02-18-2013, 04:41 PM
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleBelfour View Post
I wrote it down in the draft thread and I will write it down again in here: I would love my line of Alf Smith-Eric Lindros-Didier Pitre going against Phil Housley. Yes he do have Jack Crawford and Jacques to help him out, but I feel that in a All-Time draft context Phil Housley would get light out against those type of physical, offensive line. There's still some great #4 defenceman still available. #6 defenceman, double shift the PP. That's what I would do, but I'm curious what's the other think about this situation.
This is kind of my thought process. I know that in real life, no coach would have dared put Housley against someone like Martin St. Louis or Ilya Kovalchuk either - he would have been eaten alive by that calibre of forward - and that's really the calibre of forward that's going to be found on many second lines around this league.

I think #6 is a bit harsh - I would give him a regular shift on the bottom pairing and give him extra minutes for offensive zone starts with other pairings. So he'd be more of a #5 at even strength and a #4 overall when you consider PP time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreakmur View Post
You don't draft Housley to go up against opposing lines. You draft him to create offense. Just because he could get in trouble in his own end doesn't mean you nail him to the bench. A guy of his skill is going to create more goals for than he'll cause against.
Against the quality of players who will be found on second lines throughout this league?

TheDevilMadeMe is offline   Reply With Quote