View Single Post
Old
02-18-2013, 05:04 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkin4Top6Wingerz View Post
Boychuk continued to get minutes because he looked like he could play on that line. When Tangradi was playing with Neal and Malkin he could not have looked more out of place.

This is a continuing theme with you Jiggy where you confuse the relationship between ice time and what a player has done on the ice. Tangradi hasn't gotten consistent looks because he has done little to nothing to show that he deserves it, or that the team would benefit in the long run if he were given more rope. Boychuk got more of an opportunity because from his very first shift he showed a level of play that far exceeded what we'd seen from Tangradi.
I don't confuse anything. Boychuk was getting those minutes regardless of what he did, unless he hurt the team. It was said from the beginning by Shero he was going to get an extended look. Tangradi didn't go on the ice and constantly turn the puck over and blow assignments left and right like you are trying to insinuate. He still got benched after three shifts in his first game. Even after having his best game playing on the fourth line, he was permanently sent to the box. Same deal with Jeffrey, who was benched after playing better than anyone has on that line.

Boychuk has done nothing better in his stint than Tangradi has done his last three games. The only difference is Tangradi is now getting equal ice time to what Boychuk got.

The only consistent theme here is posters like you who think all prospects have the same development curve and they will all top out their potential or they "suck". There is no in between or patience involved.

Either fulfill the destiny idiot fans create in their minds for you, or you are a bust. No wonder I roll my eyes at so many posts on here.

Quote:
The best forwards in the league all play around 20 minutes a game. That doesn't mean that if you give Matt Cooke that kind of ice time he's going to play at that level. It just means that the guys who are given that kind of ice time earned it with their play. The same thing applies here, just on a smaller scale. Tangradi is not going to transform into a different player than what we've seen just on account of getting more ice time. If he's not doing anything of note in 8-10 minutes a game, it's foolish to assume that he'll be a solution for this team's winger problems if he's given a full time gig in the top 9.
This is pretty weak. So any talented prospect will thrive getting sporadic shifts, sat for long stretches in a game, benched for a week or two, put back in the lineup for a game or two with more sporadic shifts, rinse and repeat?

Ya... I disagree.

Quote:
The closest examples you can bring up to Tangradi are Kadri and Schenn who are light years more talented than he is and show it every shift they're on the ice. What I want to see are the mediocre prospects who were thrown into top 9 roles despite not producing or looking like competent NHLers that eventually developed into useful players. Maybe just then we'll have something comparable to Tangradi.
I've listed a litany of guys who took a number of years to develop, many who hit the waiver wires before finding their game and a team willing to be patient with them. I'm not doing it again.

Quote:
Looks like your definition of earned a spot is different than everybody else's.

Also impossible odds for any rookie to overcome: not being an NHL talent.
He sure looks like a guy who can cut it playing for the Jets. Of course what did people say... He wouldn't play that well in his life ever again like Friday, then he went out and did it again yesterday.

It's crazy how getting real NHL minutes makes a guy look like a real NHL player.

Quote:
Thing is, nobody had anything resembling high expectations of Tangradi coming into this season. It was basically, 'hey, it'd be nice if he actually created a scoring chance, hit somebody, or got a threatening shot on goal.' Somehow, he still found a way to disappoint.
The expectations and lack of patience were already in place.

Once again people were warned repeatedly he may only be a third liner, but it's funny how individuals read what they want and skip the rest.

I have zero respect for people who cut on him and root against a kid trying to achieve his dream. He isn't the one who created the idiotic expectations. The only thing he did wrong was not magically become the top six solution off the bat that people desperately wanted.

Mr Jiggyfly is offline   Reply With Quote